Thursday, March 26, 2009

Trust Jesus!!!

We took McKell for her first train ride (trax) a few week ago. She really liked it and kept asking if we could go again. It was fun to see her reaction to the train but then the inevitable happened, she said "Mommy I have to go potty!". Well we have been potty training for over a month and I haven't really made her wait to go. I always run her straight to the bathroom so that we don't have any accidents. Well on Trax there is no bathroom so what do you do on a Sunday afternoon when most of Utah is shut down. We were where all of the car dealerships are and I looked at BJ and said what should we do? He said well we can't get off her there is nowhere to take her. I told McKell that she had to hold it. She grabs my arm and grimaces and squeezes because she is "holding it". This continues for 2 stops and then I told BJ lets get off at the courthouse and we will find something. We get off the train and run across the street there is a line of trees and a parking lot. What to do? Well being the camping type I run with her to the line of trees lining the sidewalk and pull her pants down in the middle of the trees and tell her to pee away! I think the funniest thing is the tree I chose had a saying painted on the sidewalk that said "Trust Jesus". I told McKell that she was awesome for holding it and BJ and I had a good laugh and we went and got back on the train to continue our journey "Pee free".

4 comments:

Alisha LeBaron said...

ha ha, that is such a great story! I laughed. Way to go Mckell!

Britney said...

That is hilarious! Yeah for potty training! She must be doing well do just squat and go on demand. :)

Michael & Carissa said...

I hope I can be half of the amazing parents you are!!! And I'll never forget to trust Jesus again!!

Brittany said...

Gotta love it, my son has had to go #1 and #2 on the side of the road before in traffic. You do what ya gotta do. Ha Ha