Friday, January 8, 2010

Shevlin Whitaker

So I have been putting off writing about Christmas because I didn't know how pay tribute to someone who did so much in so little time.  This picture is of BJ's cousin Shevlin wos was in his early twenties and passed away the Saturday before Christmas.  We went to Wyoming for the funeral on Monday and drove home Tuesday and then we had Christmas.  Shevlin's funeral was amazing.  Their were so many people who were amazed at his wisdom that was beyond his physical age.  BJ and I have a favorite memory of Shevlin where he and BJ every year they would only sit in the boat.  BJ because of his hip and Shevlin because of his health (and come to find out he didn't like the fish in the lake like me).  We convinced the adults to let BJ and Shevlin ride the water wienie because we couldn't be rough with either of them.  Everything went great until BJ got a litlle bored with the slow stroll on the water and started bouncing on the tub.  BJ out weighed Shevlin by a little and poor little Shevlin went sailing into the air and then into the water.  BJ hurried over to Shevlin and was holding him up above the water.  Shevlin told BJ that he was drowning him.  I think Shevlin had a direct line to his heart at the time.  BJ felt really bad but they were having fun on the lake.  We love all the Whitakers and our thoughts and prayers are with you.

1 comment:

Talia Draper said...

What a nice memory. I am so sorry for the loss. Take care.